Dennis Daily, Archives Special Collections Department Head
(575) 646-4756 or email@example.com
For immediate release – Las Cruces, NM (April 27, 2020)
In hopes of documenting the effects brought by COVID-19 to New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, and New Mexico, the staff at the NMSU Library Archives and Special Collections (ASC) is reaching out to the campus community and public to collect and record their response to this crisis. Contributors can follow the prompts found at openstacks.nmsu.edu/covid19ists, health experts, and students will want to understand how society reacted to and experienced the COVID-19 pandemic.
To document life as experienced in 2020, contributors might consider:
- Writing a journal/diary or letter
- Recording voice memos and interviews
- Capturing social media posts and emails
- Snapping photos/videos
- Creating art or multimedia works of digital storytelling
- Sharing records from their business showing how it responded to the crisis (graphics, correspondence, business announcements, etc.)
You need not limit yourself to one submission – feel free to contribute over the coming months as the effects of this pandemic continue to impact the NMSU community. Upon completion of cataloging, submitted material will be made available via the library’s digital collection.
For further information, please visit openstacks.nmsu.edu/covid19.