For immediate release:
Monday, April 5, 2021
Dylan McDonald, Special Collections Librarian
(575) 646-7711 or email@example.com
National Library Week, April 4-10, 2021, is a time to highlight the essential role libraries, librarians and library workers play in transforming lives and strengthening New Mexico communities. This year’s National Library Week theme is “Welcome to your library,” which promotes the idea that the NMSU Library’s reach extends far beyond its four walls and campus boundary.
During these challenging times, the NMSU Library and its staff have worked hard to meet the needs of campus and community users. This National Library Week, Aggies can show their appreciation and support for the library by visiting the library’s website and social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram) and using the hashtag #NationalLibraryWeek to post their love for the library!
The kudos, thank yous, and shout-outs received by library staff acknowledge that Aggies very much appreciate their library. The unsolicited feedback highlights the excellent service and skills found in all library departments:
- “We would just like to say thank you for all you do. Every time we requested an article that seemed impossible to find, it turned up in our email inbox within the week! You have been a huge help in our success here at NMSU!” – NMSU Students
- “I am so grateful for the work you all are doing right now, and appreciate the massive undertaking of trying to figure out how to provide library services during this time.” – NMSU Faculty Member
- “You have taken such good care of me and really helped my students out of a jam. I so appreciate your generous help. Thank you.” – NMSU Faculty Member
Reference & Research Services
- “Thank you so much!! Your turnaround time and ability to navigate the databases are amazing.” – NMSU Faculty Member
- “Appreciate very much your rapid action!!!” – NMSU Faculty Member
- “Thank you for making an impact on my study life. I know this impact is so great but so little appreciated.” – NMSU Graduate Student
- “I attended a seminar you held at NMSU and became more knowledgeable on filing for a patent. When I called you for a one-on-one counseling, you spent some good time with me. Thanks again for the help.” – Community User
- “I hope you know how much I appreciate you being willing to come in and share your expertise with our students!” – NMSU Faculty Member
Archives & Special Collections
- “This is wonderful information. I am overjoyed. My siblings will be happy. Thank you so much for all your help! I am forever grateful!” – Community User
- “The information was not only great but amazing! I applaud you and your effort, and appreciate the speed in such a mass of information you delivered. It is because of people like yourself that people such as myself stay enthusiastic, continue to learn and grow. . . Again thank you, thank you for your help and effort.” – Community User
- “THANK YOU!!! I really appreciate your time and effort on our behalf.” – Texas Tech University Faculty Member
- “I appreciate your attention and assistance with our needs.” – NMSU Faculty Member
First sponsored in 1958, National Library Week is a national observance sponsored by the American Library Association and libraries of all types across the country each April.